Part – A
- Write a short notes on operating system.
- Write a short notes on components of operating system.
- What are the conditions for deadlock to occur?
- What is two-phase locking?
- Define fragmentation.
- Write a short notes on New and Malloc functions.
- What is Disk caching.
- List the advantages of contiguous files.
- Discuss about distributed operating system.
- Write the Trade off of client server model.
Part – B
- Define interrupts. Explain the functions or operating systems.
- Write brief about memory and addressing.
- What is an operating system interface.
- Write short notes or counting semaphores.
- What are the levels of synchronization.
- Explain the strategies that are used for dealing with deadlocks.
- Explain about IPC pattern : Database access and update.
- Define load module and write the procedure for loading a load module.
- What are categories of dynamic linking?
- Explain about the objects that are used to implement file system.
- Define index block.
- Describe reliability of file system.
- What are the types of resource in operating systems.
- Discuss about user authentication in detail.