Part – A
- Define a system call.
- What is meant by process switching?
- What is mutual exclusion?
- Write about synchronization and give example.
- Differentiate between linking a process and loading a process.
- What is meant by thrashing?
- What are the disk controllers?
- Explain about file system reliability.
- Give the examples of protection attacks.
- Describe the micro-kernel OS structure.
Part – B
- Discuss about operating system functions.
- Explain how operating system objects are named.
- With a diagram, explain about process states.
- Explain about process control block (PCB).
- Implement producer-consumer problem using semaphores.
- Explain how interprocess communication is implemented using shared memory. Give example.
- Discuss about memory protection and memory management system calls.
- Differentiate between external fragmentation and internal fragmentation.
- With an example, explain about LRU page replacement algorithm.
- What are device drivers? Discuss the access strategies for device drivers.
- Explain how a file system is implemented in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Explain about various types of resources.
- Write the mechanisms for software protection.
- Describe cryptography in computer security.
- Briefly describe client-server model.
Attention : This exam questions are converted from
the real exam paper to a digital text format by using an
that may made some mistakes, I reviewed it many times to correct it,
But may still there some errors that I missed or misspelled, So if you
detect an error or mistake PLEASE report by adding a comment or