Part – A
- What is system call Interrupt Handler?
- Distinguish between a program and a Thread.
- Why is preemptive scheduling better ?
- What is the difference between a program and a process ?
- What is Race condition ?
- Distinguish between a logical address space and physical address space.
- What is the main function of a device controller ?
- What is Fragmentation ?
- Define Demand paging.
- What are the advantages of SCSI controller over regular disk controllers ?
- What is Access Control list ?
- Define Disk compaction.
- Distinguish between contiguous and inter leaved files.
- What is process switching ?
- What is Translation Look Ahead Buffer?
- Define Dead lock.
- What are the disadvantages of Integrated Scheduling ?
- What is File Descriptor ?
- What is a Daemon process ?
- What are the different IPC mechanisms ?
- Define Thrashing
- What are the types of Resources ?
- Define Segmentation
- What is Critical section ?
- Define scheduling
Part – B
- Explain the Flow of control during process switching.
- Why do we call OS in event and table manager ?
- What are the advantages of multiprogramming ?
- Explain all process states with state diagram.
- Explain all the synchronization primitives .
- Explain any two non-preemptive scheduling algorithms.
- Explain in detail about Deadlock Avoidance, Prevention and Recovery.
- Explain all the global page replacement algorithms.
- Describe two-level paging.
- Explain about paging and segmentation.
- Explain Load Time Dynamic linking and Runtime dynamic linking
- Explain Disk scheduling algorithm.
- Explain how file blocks are located on Disk.
- Explain what is preemption of Resources.
- Explain in brief all the protection attacks.
- Explain the representation of protection Information for Resources.
Attention : This exam questions are converted from
the real exam paper to a digital text format by using an
that may made some mistakes, I reviewed it many times to correct it,
But may still there some errors that I missed or misspelled, So if you
detect an error or mistake PLEASE report by adding a comment or