Part – A
- Give the difference between electric and magnetic fields.
- State Kirchoff’s voltage law.
- Name any three insulators.
- An alternating current varies through one complete cycle in 1/1000 seconds. Calculate period and frequency.
- Define wavelength.
- The types of connections available for three-phase power are ______ and ______.
- The energy stored in a capacitor is ______.
- Define efficiency of a transformer.
- Write the truth table for two input OR gate.
- Define modulation and draw the symbol of NPN transistor.
Part – B
- Define each of the following giving its unit, weight and symbol:
- potential difference
- Give three differences between voltage and current.
- Calculate the power in a circuit. Where the source of 100V produces 2A in a 50Ω resistor.
- Give the colour code for the following resistors using five band code.
- 3320 Ω + 0.1%
- 7.23k Ω ± 0.1%
- 333k Ω ± 2%
- 47.5 Ω + 0.25%
- 680k Ω ± 5%
- Define :
- Ohm’s law
- State any three precautions to follow when working on electric circuit.
- Explain the principle and operation of a moving coil ammeter with neat sketch.
- State Kirchoff’s current law and Kirchoffs voltage law with neat diagram derive the necessary equations for KVL and KCL.
- List the types of chemical cells, giving two features each,
- With neat sketch explain the construction of a carbon-Zinc dry well with negative and positive electrodes and the electrotype.
- The length of TV antenna is λ/2 for radio waves with f of 60 MHz. What is the length in centimetres and feet?
- Define the following parts in the assembly of motors:
- Armature rotor
- field stator
- collector rings
- Commutator segments
- Explain briefly how to charge a capacitor and how is charged capacitor discharged.
- A 30Ω R is in series with 40Ω of XC . Calculate ZT and θZ.
- List any five differences of capacitance and inductance.
- Define the following terms :
- coefficient of coupling
- Transformer efficiency
- stray inductance
- Eddy current loss
- stray capacitance
- Draw the truth table for three input OR gate and AND gate.
- Explain what is meant by toggle mode of JK flip-flop.
- Draw and explain the working of FET.
Attention : This exam questions are converted from
the real exam paper to a digital text format by using an
that may made some mistakes, I reviewed it many times to correct it,
But may still there some errors that I missed or misspelled, So if you
detect an error or mistake PLEASE report by adding a comment or