Part – A
- Define Electro Magnetism.
- Name two good conductors, two good insulators and two semi conductors.
- Give the definition of short circuit and open circuit
- Give two precautions to be observed while using a ohm meter.
- What is the function of commutator in a D.C. Machine?
- For a peak value of 100v the r.m.s value is ______.
- Write the truth table for two input AND gate.
- A digital circuit that can hold or store digital data is ______.
- Energy stored in Inductance is given as ______.
- A small light bulb with a resistance of 2400Ω is connected across the 120V power line. The current I is ______.
- The capacitive reactance is ______.
Part – B
- State the three forms of ohms law relating to V, I and R.
- Derive P = I2R from P = IV by using an ohms – law finale.
- Give any five difference of DC voltage and AC voltage.
- State three rules for current voltage and resistance in a series circuit
- Draw the wiring diagram showing three resistance connected in parallel across battery.
- Why is a voltmeter connected in parallel in a circuit why if should have high resistance?
- Explain Loading effect of voltmeter. And how it is corrected.
- Define temperature coefficient of resistance.
- Explain the principle and operation of a moving coil ammeter a neat sketch.
- With neat sketch explain the construction of the lead-acid cells. Indicate the negative the negative and positive electrodes and the electrolyte.
- List the types of chemical cells giving two features of each.
- Define the following terms for a sine wave:
- Peak to peak
- root – mean – square
- A sine wave of voltage varies form 0 to maximum of 100v. How much is the voltage at the instant of 30°, 45°, 90° and 270° of the cycle?
- Define harmonic frequencies giving numerical values .
- What is meant by Dielectric material? Name five common dielectric materials
- How much is the XC of a 47 p.f. value of C at:
- 1 MHZ
- 10 MHZ
- List the physical factor affecting the inductance of an inductor.
- How much is the inductance and a coil that induces 1000v when in current changes at the rate of 50ms in 2μs.
- Define Modulation.
- Compare the terms voltage gain and current gain.
- Give two methods of Calculating the gain for amplifiers in cascade.
- What is meant by a rectifier? Give three examples of diode rectifiers?
- Describe the operation of:
- RS flip flops
- D-type flip flops
- JK flip flops
- Explain what is meant by the toggle mode of JK flip flop.
Attention : This exam questions are converted from
the real exam paper to a digital text format by using an
that may made some mistakes, I reviewed it many times to correct it,
But may still there some errors that I missed or misspelled, So if you
detect an error or mistake PLEASE report by adding a comment or