Part – A
Write a description of an old person you know. Try to include the following information: is he or she tall or short, fat or thin ? What is the shape of the person’s face? How is his / her hair, forehead, nose etc. How is he or she dressed? What impression do you get of his or her personality from the person’s appearance and dress?
- Write a letter of application in reply to the following advertisement:
Wanted an experienced computer professional with good knowledge in SAP. Candidates with good knowledge of English and who can communicate effectively in English are preferred, interested candidates can apply to PO BOX No. 987, C/O The Hindu, Hyderabad 500 034.
Write an advertisement in about 50 words for an I-pod highlighting its features.
Write a conversation based on the following incident:
You travelled to the USA for the first time. Your friend has to receive you at the JFK airport. But he has not reached on time. You make a telephone call to him and tell him that you are waiting at the luggage pick up area.
- Fill in the blanks with the suitable connectors chosen from those provided in brackets:
- It was not a good hotel. __________ it was very expensive, (therefore,otherwise besides).
- European housewives shop daily. __________ shopping places in Europe are always crowded. (Therefore, But, Further)
- I must go now, __________ if you want that book I will bring it next time. (besides, in addition, by the way).
- She was tired out after her long walk. she went to bed early.
- The doctor told him to take rest. __________ he went on working. (yet, hence, incidentally).
Part – B
- Read the following :
You are studying biotechnology staying in a Your parents gave you their ATM card for withdrawing money whenever it is necessary. One day, two hours after withdrawing money you found that your ATM card is missing.
You immediately called your parents and made them block your By the time it was blocked your parents noticed that Rs. 2,000/- was already withdrawn from your account.
Now write a conversation between the bank manager and you on the incident and the future course of action.
- You have to go to the UK for further studies. Your passport has expired and should urgently be renewed. Convince the passport officer regarding the urgency of renewing the passport. Write a conversation.
- You completed your B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from IIT, Delhi in July 2003. Since then you have been working as a chemical engineer at Reliance Petrochemicals, Mumbai. You are a dynamic professional with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, you are proficient in MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word 2000. Design a combination resume for the position of chemical engineer in an expanding multinational petrochemical company based in Mumbai.
- Write a letter of application and resume in response to the following Assume that you have the requisite qualifications and experience.
“Wanted a Quality Assurance Manager at our manufacturing unit in Bangalore Applicants should have a degree in Mechanical Engineering with good computer knowledge and should have worked in an engineering organisation, preferably with exposure to sheet metal Please send your resume within seven days to : Corporate HRD, JBM GROUP, Karan Ghat, New Delhi.”
- Write an essay on the benefits of Yoga and Meditation.
- Write an essay on the mechanization of urban life.
- Write a description of a new laptop launched into the market recently highlighting its special features.
- Describe a sports event that was conducted in your College recently.
- Develop a speech on obesity and the ways to get rid of it.
- You are required to present a paper in an international seminar to be conducted in your University on water conservation. Write the paper.