Part – A
- Discuss about three-tired architecture.
- What is the degree of a relation ?
- Define specialization.
- What is normalization ?
- Define foreign key.
- Write syntax and give example for a query in tuple relational calculus.
- Give an example query in query by example.
- Define OLE.
- What do you mean by tuning the database ?
- Explain about data dictionary.
Part – B
- Describe the steps involved in SDLC.
- Discuss about three schema architecture.
- What are the cost and risks in DBMS ?
- Explain about ER-Model.
- What is an enhanced ER model ? Discuss in detail.
- How to convert EER diagrams into relations ? Discuss with suitable examples.
- Write notes on U, ^, x, ∞ and ÷ operators of relational algebra with examples.
- Explain about triggers, functions and procedures with examples.
- Briefly discuss about COM and active X controls.
- Write notes on building Internet database servers.
- Describe replication, partitioning and concurrency in distributed databases.
- Explain about DBMS functions and capabilities and future requirements.
- Discuss about the functions of database administrator in detail.
Attention : This exam questions are converted from
the real exam paper to a digital text format by using an
that may made some mistakes, I reviewed it many times to correct it,
But may still there some errors that I missed or misspelled, So if you
detect an error or mistake PLEASE report by adding a comment or