Part – A
- Identify the five components of data communication system.
- Name the five basic network topologies.
- Dialog control function of ___ layer.
- What is bit rate ?
- What is DC component ?
- In ___ transmission, bits are transmitted over a single wire, one at a time.
- The EIA-232 interface has ___ pins.
- In fiber optics, the signal source if ___ waves.
- Name three types of transmission impairments.
- What are three major multiplexing techniques ?
- List the steps involved in creating check sum ?
- Which sliding window ARQ is more popular ? Why ?
- Define the term protocol.
- Name the five categories of U.Frames ?
- What is collision ?
- What types of transmission media used in LANS?
- What are the three switching methods?
- Name some advantages of frame relay over X.25.
- What is NNI ?
- Which layer in ATM protocol has a 53-byte cell of an end product ?
- SONET is Acronym of ___.
- What are the three main elements of link state routing ?
- What is function of gateway?
- What are the fields in TPDU?
- What is SAP ?
Part – B
- Discuss in detail about OSI ?
- Write about standards?
- Describe about PCM technique ?
- How does FM differs with FSK ?
- Discuss in detail about unguided media ?
- Write short note on:
- EIA- 232
- Explain about sliding window protocol.
- Discuss about multistage switch ?
- Explain about CSMA/CD,
- Write short note on HDLC.
- Write short note on :
- Broadband ISDN
- AAL services.
- Explain in detail about ATM and its protocol Architecture?
- Discuss in detail about different networking devices.
- Give overview of TCP/IP
Attention : This exam questions are converted from
the real exam paper to a digital text format by using an
that may made some mistakes, I reviewed it many times to correct it,
But may still there some errors that I missed or misspelled, So if you
detect an error or mistake PLEASE report by adding a comment or